High School Sketching, Drawing and Painting
In this class students examine the works of Henri Matisse and construct an artwork inspired by his still life The Red Studio (1911) and his cut-out series produced later in life. We look at different materials to build texture and introduce the concept of drawing from a 2-point perspective. Students are given the opportunity to follow along with the teacher or create a unique work of their own by adapting the art making techniques. This class caters to high school students and the artwork can be adapted in skill level. We encourage students to add their own personality to their artworks.
1. The history of Matisse with reference to history, techniques and intention.
2. To draw in 2-point perspective;
3. To combine materials to build texture;
4. To explore a range of acrylic paint techniques;
5. To explore the use of colour with reference to feeling and meaning; - to use autonomy to create a personalised artwork.
Please note all workshops are capped at 20 students to ensure each child gets the most out of each lesson.
Should you choose to, you can purchase materials to help you complete this workshop. You can purchase these from another retailer or you might have these at home.
Recommended materials: Acrylic Paint Set and Drawing Set.