FREE NSW Creative Kids online workshops
Redeem your Creative Kids voucher for a Charlie Boots creative kids online workshop and inspire your child's creativity!!
Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher with a value of up to $100 per calendar year for each school-enrolled child aged 4.5-18 years.
The NSW Government is helping kids get creative with the new Creative Kids program. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher with a value of up to $100 per calendar year for each school-enrolled child aged 4.5-18 years.
Why is there now an extra charge?
On March 1st 2022, Create NSW changed the Creative Kids Program guidelines so providers can no longer include materials in the cost of the $100 voucher.
The total of the $100 Creative kids voucher will be used for the funding of our online workshops and materials will be charged as an additional cost.
How does it work?
- $100 - online Zoom workshop paid for by your Creative Kids Voucher
- Extra fee - covers all the materials plus free delivery throughout NSW (that's a pretty awesome deal!)
How do I apply for my Creative Kids Voucher?
1. Visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-creative-kids-voucher.
2. Select the 'apply online' button in the bottom left hand corner.
3. Login into your account or sign up if you don't have one.
4. Follow the prompts to apply for your voucher.
How do I use my Creative Kits voucher with Charlie Boots?
Why are creative activities important for my child?
Children have unlimited creative potential. They are curious, playful, imaginative, and open to new experiences. Creativity is not a fixed quantity, but a renewable skill and a way of thinking that can be improved and nurtured by allowing a child’s potential to develop. Research has shown that children’s engagement with creative activities has positive effects on their interpersonal, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- They engage with their imagination and originality as they imagine and explore original ideas. Children who use fantasy and imagination are better able to engage in divergent thinking, and to generate ideas.
- They stretch their flexibility, maintaining openness to unique and novel experiences.
- They practise decision making, the ability to make thoughtful choices that support creative efforts.
- They hone their communication and self-expression skills, learning to communicate ideas and their authentic selves with confidence.
- They find internal motivation in striving to achieve a meaningful goal.
- They experience the benefits of collaboration as they develop social skills that foster creative teamwork.